YTC Book Award
To be eligible for the Book Assistance Scholarship, applicants must have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with an unmet financial need. Applicants must have successfully completed the last term attended at York Technical College. Successful completion is defined as completing all attempted credits with at least a 2.5 or higher term GPA. Students must attach a list of the books and costs. (Look up the price of the required textbooks for which you are requesting assistance by going to the YTC College Bookstore website at http://yorktech.bncollege.com.) Applicant must select used text books or rent books, if available.
If you receive textbook assistance, you are required to return the textbooks to the Financial Aid Office by the last day of the term. The College sells these textbooks back to the Bookstore to generate funds for textbook assistance for the next term.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least six credit hours.
- Applicants must provide a typed statement with a minimum of 250 words which describes their financial need, educational and career goals. (Point Scale: 1 point for clearly stated career goals, 1 point for explaining financial need, 1 point for grammar and neatness and 1 point for completeness).
- The maximum award amount is $300 per term. If you receive a partial award, you are responsible for paying the difference at the Bookstore.
- Applicant’s qualifications may be individually reviewed when exceptional circumstances exist.
- Applicant’s tuition & fees must be paid to receive this award.