Hopewell Foundation Endowed Scholarship (Formerly the Barnes Scholarship Endowment)
The Hopewell Foundation of Rock Hill, SC created an endowment with the York Technical College Foundation for scholarships. Proceeds from the endowment are to provide tuition assistance to selected students of York Technical College. The Hopewell Foundation provided these funds on behalf of the lineal descendants of F.S. Barnes and L.A. Barnes.
- The applicant must be a resident of York or Lancaster County, SC; and may be a new or returning student at York Technical College; and must enroll in and maintain at least 6 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- The applicant may remain eligible to receive the Scholarship for no longer than four years.
- Must be enrolled in an associate degree program related to Telecommunications, Computer Technology, Business, Engineering, or Engineering Technology.
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership potential and honorable character.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professional reference are required. (References cannot be a family member).
- Hopewell Foundation Endowed Scholarship (Formerly the Barnes Scholarship Endowment)
- A maximum of $1,000 per school year for tuition, books, and other program related costs.
- Business Related Program, Engineering Technology, Lancaster County Applicants, Technology, York County Applicants
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a request for a letter of recommendation from a professional reference, High School Counselor or Principle. This must be completed before you are eligible for this opportunity.